Sunday, February 10, 2008

Extinction is visible for Sun-Times Media

It's delayed but I just got word that the SouthtownStar canned their two publishers. I cannot articulate my disappointment and increasing resentment for the Sun-Times Media Group right now. Frank, one of the publishers, pictured, (with me, who was rather snockered at the time -it was New Year's eve) had worked at the SouthtownStar for nearly 20 years. He also got me my first professional internship. I have only fond memories of working for him at the then Star in Tinley Park. Frank is also a skilled journalist and hopefully some fine journalism institution has the sharp instinct to hire him. It's a major loss for his former employers. I do take solace in the fact that the business world is much like the biological: The most capable survive. Sun-Times Media doesn't stand a chance now.

No comments: