Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What is said on the CTA

On a personal note:

It went like this, two guys were on a city bus. One turned to the other:
Guy 1: You know what the difference is between Chicago and New York?
Guy 2: No, what?
Guy 1: In New York, on the train, people will be reading like The New York Times, The New York Daily News, The Economist, The New Yorker, et cetera. In Chicago, there's none of that. People are always reading self-help books on the train. I mean, I won't even have to see the title, I'll just see some of the text and it'll be like "And if you take your anger, and really question, the root of that anger, your life will not only grow in joy, but also lessen in sorrow." It's ridiculous. That's why Chicagoans aren't as aware of the world as New Yorkers, and why Chicago media is such crap.
Guy 2, who's smiling, pauses: You're one of those crazy people on the buses ranting about something totally irrelevant.
Guy 1: What? No! This is important.
Guy 2 starts laughing and hugs his stomach with mirth.
Not far away, a girl on the phone says to whoever's on the other end "...Hey, so I'm on the bus, yeah, ha ha, funny. There are these two hilarious guys on the bus. They're so funny. One of them started talking about reading on the train in New York and, well I'll have to tell you later. I think they miss New York or something.

That was me and my friend Ben.

No comments: